pyronix enforce alarm panel not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I self installed (with a little help from sparky on here) a pyronix enforcer wireless alarm. up until last week the panel was plugged into the mains via a plug and it had been working absolutely fine.
Last week i got an electrician to hardwire it to the mains. It was working fine for a couple of days after but then it suddenly for no apparent reason the panel has died. The panel display is blank and has no power to it; the panel doesn't make any noises when i press any buttons. BUT the blue leds on the hardwired bell outside are still flashing.

i opened the panel to have a look... the main board looks fine, it's not hot or melting away like some other posts have mentioned. I checked with mains tester screwdriver there is power coming in and reaching the main board and hence why the bell is flashing.

I've tried turning off power and taking out the battery and leaving it for 10 mins but still nothing.

Anyone any ideas whats gone wrong? could it be a dead battery?

any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to check with a multi meter ....input voltage 240 ac and output voltage 13.8 dc....your wasting your time with a light up screwdriver...

Was it hard wired with a fused spur between the mains circuit and the panel?

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_205234.jpg
    IMG_20200603_205234.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 258
Sponsored Links
You need to check with a multi meter ....input voltage 240 ac and output voltage 13.8 dc....your wasting your time with a light up screwdriver...

i'll report back tomorrow once i've bought a battery for the multimeter :)

input was 235v-238v ac. where do i measure the output voltage??

I did take a measurement across the red/black cable coming out of the transformer and going into the 'power DC connection' point and it was 14.8v dc

That seems ok ....check the connector from the power supply is it pushed onto the control panel correctly? only other thing you can do is disconnect the battery pack , power down and power back up .

That seems ok ....check the connector from the power supply is it pushed onto the control panel correctly? only other thing you can do is disconnect the battery pack , power down and power back up .

thanks for the advice.

I've double checked the power supply cable connection and tried the power down/up but didn't make a difference.

should i be checking for the 13.8v somewhere?

might be a daft question but what are the 2 fuses for? I've removed them and there is still power on the RS485 terminals.

Down power and Unplug the expansion board ....worth a try ....if not looks like it’s broke...

Down power and Unplug the expansion board ....worth a try ....if not looks like it’s broke...

Nothing.
Looks like it's dead.

Is there any way of getting Pyronix to replace it? The warrant sticker on the box shows warranty is to Nov 2021.
Or no chance because it was a DIY job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back