Pyronix Enforcer alarm going off when unset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a Pyronix Enforcer alarm for 2.5 years. It's been OK in that time, but recently the external siren would go off, even when the alarm was not set. There has been no changes to any settings or device.

The control panel log reports two things:
- Tamper Alarm
- Wirls Tamp Restr

This happened 4 times, so I deleted the siren from the alarm box thinking the siren battery was about to die.

The alarm has then been OK for about 10 weeks, and now started to go off randomly again. Unfortunately having previously deleting it from the panel, means I can't turn it off without getting a ladder off someone and removing the battery.

Do you think the siren battery needs replacing? or should I be looking at something else? I presume the siren battery or any batteries in internal devices would have displayed a different error. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Possibly interference from another user of the Licence Exempt wireless channel. One source is street lighting, several threads about it on DIYnot. Or it could be a recently installed alarm or other equipment at a neighbour's house.

Apart from just controlling the lights the radio link is also used for health and efficiency monitoring of the lighting network which means the lights can transmit more often and for a sustained period in some cases. As this FOI request shows, the lights use the same 868 MHz frequency as the Pyronix alarms. While this doesn't seem to be an issue for devices inside a house because of the low transmit power of the lights, Pyronix have verified that it is is causing an issue with some external bell boxes by causing them to frequently switch channels which in turn reduces the battery life.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...fail-on-a-regular-basis.524051/#ixzz6PdkBUSRm

No no no Bernard .....it will be the bellbox microswitch ....either badly adjusted or faulty ....I’ve changed a few of these, if your going to replace the microswitch replace the bell box batteries ( 3 year life ) from past experiences

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your replies.
My neighbour has had his alarm for some time, and as far as I'm aware there's no new devices, or street lighting that's changed.

The two alerts - 'Tamper Alarm' and 'Wirls Tamp Restr' are generated with the same date/time (even the seconds are the same) in the log.

PS - Is the microswitch part of the tamper switch or is that completely separate?

Last edited:
Go into log on panel find where it says tamper alarm , press A and it will say siren .. the tamper switch in the bellbox unplugs from the bell module

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back