Pyronix Sterling 10 Installation Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Really grateful if someone could help me out.

I’ve bought the Sterling 10 Alarm system, 2 LCD RKPs, Door Contacts, Belle, and 4 PIRs. I’ve been installing piecemeal other the past few evenings.

After the electrics and control box were installed I connected the first RKP and tested my connection. The system booted and the RKP sounded it’s internal alarm, and displayed a ‘system armed’ message. I couldn’t enter anything on the keypad despite the keys beeping as I pressed them. I assumed this was due to the wiring not being completed.

Next night I installed a PIR and the door contact. Tested again, and same as before, with the keypad alarm, message and keys. Still didn’t worry as knew I had not finished wiring.

Cut along story short, I finished the wiring tonight, linked out unused zones and PA and hoped all would be well. (Incidentally I have not connected the battery yet).

When I switch on now, the keypads are alarming, with the ‘System Armed’ message, the belle is sounding and PIR lights are permanently lit.

Well you know my question…What do you think is or what have I done wrong? I’m pretty sure the wiring is correct. But is there something I may have overlooked? I have disconnected each component at a time to try to isolate a wiring problem but regardless of what’s not connected I get the same thing.

The manual doesn’t say “When you first power up you should see x, y, z etc” so I am at a loss as to what to expect and do.

Before I have to admit defeat and call out a pro-installer to finish the job, is there anyone that can offer some advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
the default user code, not the default engineer code.

you also might want to try removing anything connected to the aux supply (not counting the rkps) some panels have to be powered by battery first

Hello Breezer

I've tried both codes but with no luck. Also, disconnected all but 1 RKP and still the same.

The manual tells you clearly to power up battery first.

BTW, is it factory fresh out of the box or has it been used elsewhere and is already programmed with a code that you don't know?

Sponsored Links
Joe-90

If it does clearly say that and it proves to be the problem then I apologise for wasting peoples time. But I've had a look and I can't see where it says it MUST be powered, what page is that on? I can see where it goes to the trouble of saying unused zones MUST be linked out but nothing on the battery. But it will try in a minute, and report back.

And yes it is factory fresh.

Connected battery, and straight away alarm started and PIR lit etc. ie same as before. Connected mains as well and still the same.

So still no joy.

It was a few years ago that I last put one in, but what should happen is you connect battery then mains and panel beeps twice then every 5 seconds. You then press the 'func' key to silence the error tone then you go to programming. Is that the same instruction that you've got?

No my instruction manual goes straight from wiring diagrams to programming. But nothing along the lines of "you'll hear some beeps, do this that and the other"

I've never seen a manual that didn't have 'Initial startup'.

Anyway, it's not doing what it's supposed to do, and if you have wired it correctly that means either someone has had a go at it before you and then changed their minds and the panel has gone back on the shelf, or it is faulty.
You could probably get it back to factory defaults, but that's up to you.

joe-90 you cracked it!

Did a factory reset, powered up and ....silence...system disarmed.

Went into Engineers menu with defaults and exited (as must go to work now).

Right, hopefully I'll be okay now, although I do have to reconnect a few things again. But at least if it goes wrong now it must be a wiring problem.

Many thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back