Qatar world cup "JOKE"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"It really is surprising. Where is the heart and soul of football in Qatar? And yet that decision has been made."
There are only about 500 thousand Qatarys, the rest are slaves brought in from Asia to build there Skyscrapers and palaces, who live in Slums out of doha who are bused in day and night.
The Qatary himself has so much money it is eye watering. There oil and Gas reserves says it all. , No and I mean No outsider is allowed to own a business.
If you like concrete and tarmac, its a mind blowing place.
but qatar has no passion and never will have a passion for football.

Sponsored Links
I was in Qatar a few weeks ago and I hated the place; it looks exactly like all the other Gulf states. Doha airport is not user-friendly at the moment; there are no air bridges so everybody is bussed to the aircraft though obviously they've plenty of time to put that right. The hotel was a ghastly vulgar ostentatious pile of gilt and marble, with no soul and far too cold, operated by obsequious Indians. I travel regularly to places like Nigeria and I'd rather be there than in Qatar any day, at lest the Nigerians brew decent beer and allow you to enjoy drinking it.

Gulf Arabs are generally hated by the rest of the Arab world because of their conceit, greed, laziness and corruption; give me bunch of Lebanese or Palestinians any day - at least they know how to do an honest day's work.

But,,, Qatar has money a plenty. FIFA officials need this to line their pockets and keep themselves in the manner to which they have become accustomed. Says it all really.
You mention passion in football. Hmmm plenty of passion shown in Birmingham the other night. On the eve of the votes too. Spread worldwide via the media. Yep ,,, sure went a long way in making FIFA's mind up.

In common with the other Gulf oil-producing countries Qatar has realised that oil is finite and is making desperate efforts to broaden its revenue sources. Huge investment is taking place at the airport for example and Qatar Airways is aiming to compete with Emirates; well, at least British companies can benefit from all of this without the massive cost to UK Plc of hosting the competition.

Had Britain won the bid we would have been faced with some unpalatable demands from FIFA to modify our tax laws in their favour and to limit the legal and labour rights of workers involved in the games.

Sponsored Links
O,well, theres always tomorrow, err I mean. maybe in 16years

Its not even the Qatarys taking the oil and gas out, they just sit back and count the $$$$. bless em.
I worked there about 2 yrs ago, just before the asian games, and they asked me to stay on, full time.
But that would have meant living in a compound with security gates with a load of other expats, who have nothing better to do than drink and sit by a pool, not a qatary in site, plenty of lebanese translaters and the likes.

I'm hoping Israel qualify for the 2022 finals...
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back