Quality mid priced emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats your go-to for mid priced good matt finish?

So far Ive rearched Crown trade Xtreme, Johnstons acrylic durable Matt, Technos. But I want a good wipeable paint that Matt finish. Its doesnt have to be hospital quality just strong enough to wipe down. Drying time is not an issue like commercial painters. So far my Tikkurelia seems to be sitting on the old paints and easy splitters if something is left against it.

Ive read before using a paint you should use Gardz or similar as a good primer base.

While Im at it there is Latex based, acrylic based, Alkyd-reinforced...what others are there and surely they cant be applied over one another. Also should one particular paint suit over another.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can either buy matt or wipeable matt. Johnstons wipeable matt is called Duramatt. You can wipeable matt mixed in Crown etc..

If the walls have never been wallpapered, just emulsioned, you don't need guardz. Guardz is good in ceiling walls that's had wallpaper paste on.

Trouble is the sheen from the durable paint you want so really needs spraying or the biggest roller you can manage.

Optiva 5
V700 valspar
Johnstones durable acrylic is probably your best bet off the shelf and available in dulux or crown colours.

And yes. Some of these durable paints benefit from gardz or acrylic primer first as the settle better and flow nice vs picking up and playing up over dry surfaces.
Read data sheets for advise. Oh clean extreme sheen is too high for me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back