Quality of kitchen units for new fitted kitchen.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am dealing with all sorts of sales people at present and getting really confused. Is it true that Howdens Joinery make for B&Q and that Mobens units are much better quality?? I have found a fitter and he is available next week (although to be truthful I have not yet seen any of his work nor had anything in writing about guarantee of quality of work) and am in the process of making final plans then ordering units from Howdens (apparently available off the shelf) and possibly appliances from wherever I can get the best deal. However while phoning round to see if I could get better prices I have caved in to yet another salesman coming along this afternoon - from Mobens. HELP! Apparently they will only do supply and fit. Have never had a new kitchen before and this is giving me a headache........!!

Sue

Sponsored Links
I think howdens joinery are more associated with MFI,as for moben being better quality that is all down to personal taste,remember that underneath the decorative outer design there is more than likely chipboard.Don't get pushed into a descision you will later regret talk to friends and family and see what kitchens they have and if they have any reconmendations.

hi .. iv fitted a few howdens kitchens in the past they are quite good kitchens for the price and if you have a good fitter should look very nice as for mobens they are more expensive and its an all in thing fitting included they select there own fitters and have all the paperwork required such as corgi for the gas and what ever it is for electrics .. howdens do have it all on the shelves though and anything damaged they change easily . thought you had to be a trade customer to get theres though and they used to go and do the plans and drawings for me . hope this helps a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back