Question about Combi boiler system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler on order from British Gas (a worcester 30SI), and I'm in the process of removing the old boiler system in the house.

So far I have removed the following:
1. Cold water storage
2. Expansion tank
3. Hot water tank in the bathroom

Is this correct

I take it I don't need these anymore. Also there is a diverter valve which I won't need.

Do I need the water pump thats in there at the moment, or will the worcester 30si cope without it?

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
You'll have been well ripped off for price if you are having a british gas install.
Why are you doing anything leave it to them.

I suspect he is hoping to get a few pounds back by selling them!

But he could have saved about £1000 getting an independent to install the new boiler!

Tony

Hi,

Thanks for the replies but they aren't really much help.

As for the price, I've gone with British Gas for certain reason, which are irrelvant to the question.

The reason I want to remove the stuff is to gain access to other areas while I completly renovate my house. If the stuff isn't going back then I might as well fully remove it now and not worry about it.

Sponsored Links
You don't need any pumps in the system.

Hopefully British gas have measured your flow, pressure and that a combi is suitable.

Out of curisoity how much are british gas charging.
I would have done a conversion to a boiler with better performance than
the worcester for about £1600 give or take depending on location.

OK thanks,

I'm paying quite a bit more than that, but I've added lots of extras, such as the radiator flush, extended plumbing, moving the boiler (so new brickwork) etc etc.

Can't remember the exact price now.

Flushing the system is not an optional extra! It must always be done!

But British Gas price it as if it was optional but a must have option!

Bit risky taking bits and pieces out, could cause a flood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back