Question about expanding a shed

T

trent78

Hey everyone, having recently acquired a rural property, I would like to add onto an existing shed that is already on the property. Keep in mind that I did not make the original shed, but it still looks sturdy to me. It is structurally sound is what I am trying to suggest.

I want to add a freestanding structure as my new addition. I intend to use trim work to marry this new addition into the older existing shed. Considering that both roofs have a different height and pitch, I have been told that this is going to allow the overall design to be much stronger and much more more rigid.

I would like to use my new shed (or improved shed, however you want to call it) as a storage space for some equipment and use it as a workshop. Is there anything that I need to know about that I might not be considering? I consider myself somewhat handy, but I am no carpenter, contractor, or house builder.

If there are any factors that you think I should be paying specific attention to, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for any suggestions or hints that you might be able to give.

Sponsored Links
I married two 8' x 6' sheds together to make one large one, laughingly called my workshop, it soon filled with stuff making the saw and workbench difficult to reach at times...you have been warned...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back