Question about plumbing into Kitchen Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey There,

Looking for a bit of advice about the plumbing into my kitchen taps, we are looking to replace the tap and my (lack of) plumbing knowledge has hit a wall already.

I've attached a picture of the plumbing under the sink but basically I have two questions

1) What do I need to buy to use the flexible type pipes that come with a new tap?

2) How to I get off those push fittings?

Picture here: http://imgur.com/PxeYrix

Cheers in advance!

Sponsored Links
Simply push down the collets on the pushfit fittings to remove the tap tails, then insert a new short length of copper in their place to connect to new flexis.

Before you put new copper in the pushfits, make sure there are no burrs on the copper, (cut it with a pipeslice, or file off burr).

A smear of silicone grease won't do any harm on the copper either.

Sponsored Links
Worth pointing out that it may help after depressing the collets or locking rings to push the tube in slightly to help release the grab rings, before pulling it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back