Question on tri hose kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... just bought this tap to replace the current mixer in the kitchen.

http://www.tapsuk.com/hk61-astini-m...ullout-spout-kitchen-sink-mixer-tap-hk61.html

Opened it up to see it had three hoses coming out the bottom! A quick google and from what i can see these are tri flow taps with a 3rd hose for filtered water. Only problem is i dont have a filter system under the sink... and dont want one :)

Can I install the tap with just two hoses? Presume I'd have to cap off the 3rd pipe if so?

Sponsored Links
Are there not fitting instructions with the new tap?

I don't think the third pipe is for a filter - I've just fitted a pull out tap and the third tail connects from the tap body to the flexible hose that feeds the nozzle. So hot and cold tails feed into the body, then the third mixed tail feeds back out and connects to the nozzle pipe.

This should all be really clear if you had instructions!

This is just a straight forward mixer.
2 flexis for the hot/cold and the 3rd flexi screws onto the copper pipe which is the hose supply from cartridge.

As wizbongre has said. ;)

Ahh yeah gotcha... no instructions supplied which is a little anoying :/ Sorry just saw three pipes and googled it and came up with 4+4=5

Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back