Questions about gas ducting and pipe sizes

It has absolutely nothing to do with planning permission. In fact that's almost funny.
Building control don't define pipe diameters; they leave that to the experts. (I've checked).
I was hoping to find a helpful expert on here to... help...

Never mind. One can only ask. I knew it was a long shot.
so you would rather make your decision from someone on the internet than some professional on site considering the project ;) what are you avoiding ?????? ;)

you have to contact a professional at some point but why not now ?

Sponsored Links
so you would rather make your decision from someone on the internet than some professional on site considering the project ;) what are you avoiding ?????? ;)

you have to contact a professional at some point but why not now ?

it is simply down to the time-lag... I'm installing ducting myself in the next couple of weeks, but won't be installing a gas pipe (if at all) into the ducting for another couple of years - towards the back end of a bigger project that is largely irrelevant for this thread and my question. I can't imagine any gas-pro is going to be interested in spending time with me on this 'now' when the money-earning part of the job is another two years away.

In the past I have found quite a lot of really useful info on here; indeed Dan has been very helpful in the past, and I know he is a knowledgable chap (or at least he seems to be). I genuinely thought this would be a really simple question to answer for the collective wisdom on this forum, though I had forgotten that it can be like pulling teeth sometimes.

So what am I avoiding? Nothing really. As much as anything this is a feasibility question. Can I put mains gas in? Will it work in my circumstances? I don't know... but I'm sure some people on here do. I was hoping for assistance; but I've lost nothing - I can just use electricity and renewables instead. I'll probably put a duct in anyway, with fingers crossed that I choose the right size.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It’s only a simple question when you don’t have the answer!
The ‘simple’ answer you are after requires a detailed question and is why you have been prompted with various responses.

Everything is possible... budget is the only obstacle!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back