Questions regarding formica furniture + exposed PVC pipe

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hey guys,

I'm new here!

Long story short, I'm a student living in a rental for three years thinking It's not worth the trouble. The appartment is old and needs renovation the landlord is not willing to pay for. However, seeing as I'm engaged and living with my partner, both of us not planning on moving (Rent is cheap, we hate moving, the place is big enough for us and the dogs). Some of the furniture that came with place are a real eye sore. I always wanted to upgrade and redecorate but we are short on money and it seems like anything I'd like to buy is too expensive, especially when it's not just one or two pieces. So I thought why not just diy upgrade the ones that came with the appartment.

There is also the matter of the toilet PVC pipe (I think that's what that is), which is also an eye sore.

I've added pictures below and I was hoping you guys will have some ideas/tutorials on how to make it better. Excuse me for the mess

This is the closet. The issues are clear. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to strip it completely.
51861439978_db68dda6a2_c.jpg

So this is a makeshift shelf unit in the toilet room. I like the space but it clearly could use a touch up
51862010360_8b68398750_c.jpg

This is our entry table and I wanted it gone from the moment I saw it. I'm hoping there's something to do here.
51861440163_9f6c868188_c.jpg

And to the bedroom. The Bed frame is terrible and bulky. The Dressers as well. They all came with the appartment and it's a huge cost to replace the entire bedroom. I was hoping to strip the formica and shape it up. If you look at the bedside stands, They are weird and they need both to be stripped and repainted but also reshaped at the top.

51861357821_e788324507_c.jpg
[
51861686849_12b51e69e7_c.jpg

Ad this is the exposed plastic pipe I'm hoping to somehow cover.
51860398047_2e00bfcb37_c.jpg

I would really appreciation any direction/tips/tutorials on what and how to do.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Take a look around some of the charities furniture stores, for furnishings. They can vary from cheap older tat, to some fairly decent items, to often over priced new items.

I wouldn't spend much on improving someone else's property, save it for if and when you can buy your own, or if you are happy where you are - offer to buy.

Take a look around some of the charities furniture stores, for furnishings. They can vary from cheap older tat, to some fairly decent items, to often over priced new items.

I wouldn't spend much on improving someone else's property, save it for if and when you can buy your own, or if you are happy where you are - offer to buy.

I had the same line of thinking. But I've come to realize that I want to feel at home and it's not about it being somebody else's property. Also, I'm not in any position to buy right now. If this is where I live in the foreseeable future, I'd like it to feel like home.

Sponsored Links
If you want to paint a wipe of ESP avoids the need for lengthy preparation.Toilt pipe needs a simple L shaped cover (18mm) MDF easy to use .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back