Questions

Sponsored Links
Holmslaw - can you you come up with any justification for your behaviour which even makes sense just to you?

I know one particular aspect of what you think because you told me what you think.

I don't know why you think it because you haven't told me why, despite my asking.

Do you actually have a reason for telling me to mind my own business after I asked someone else a question, or do you believe that it's quite OK for you to say things like that for no reason whatsoever?

Here's an idea, why don't you two get a room and sort it out between yourselves? Or at least do it via email.

Well if you can persuade Holmslaw that he should not use this forum to tell me to mind my own business with zero provocation of him and without a reason which even makes sense to him that would be good.

Sponsored Links
It's not down to me to persuade anybody to do anything.
I'm just politely asking, for the good of this forum, that you both put a stop to it.

Both of you have your merits and are a good addition to this forum but I'm sure you'll both agree that all this bickering isn't.

Would you please politely ask holmslaw to withdraw his remark, or to politely answer my perfectly reasonable and polite question?

Perhaps some people are so pathetic and inadequate that having taken an personal dislike to me they see it as their mission to drag their petty and juvenile vendetta from topic to topic with no care as to whether anything they say is relevant, and with no thought as to whether it really is in the best interests of the forum to come out with off-topic and unjustifiable attacks.

or maybe you just rub people up the wrong way :)

Another question

I went to a friends house who lives in a brand new barratts home. Being nosy I looked at the CU and saw a split board protected by two RCDs rated at 0.8mA. The house is a very simple two floor house one RCD protects d/s lights u/s sockets cooker. Another RCD U/s lights d/s sockets shower and boiler. But I was just confused as to why 0.8mA RCDS where used. Is this standard?

Ps they have a substation in their back garden

Can't be 0.8mA, they'd trip at the first sign of an electronic device. Hell, they'd trip if you look at them funny.

Can't be 0.8mA, they'd trip at the first sign of an electronic device. Hell, they'd trip if you look at them funny.
probably trip as you took it out of its box due to a tiny static build up.

Jacobssi, Might sound like a daft question, but are you sure? Any chance of taking a second look (or a picture)

Are you sure they aren't 30mA? 800mA is a very odd size indeed.
Under the 17th edn regs where the likes of normal twin and earth is used concealed and unprotected in walls there is a requirement to have the cable RCD protected (30mA max).
All sockets for general use now need to be on a 30mA RCD also.
The reason for having the house on two RCDs is so you don't lose everything if one RCD trips, should be lights up and sockets down on one RCD and vice versa on the other so you don't lose lights and power in the same area.

I reckon its 0.8kA - the short circuit rating of the rcd.

ah could have been that. I am extremely short and couldn't see the whole component due to the height. Is the short circuit rati
h usually printed at the very top?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back