Quick dry satin disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last few weeks I've been painting skirting boards, door frames and doors prior to new caret being fitted. I've used Quick dry satin over gloss, which I'd sanded before painting. I put on two coats of satin but as the fitter is laying the carpet the paint is peeling off in big sheets GRRRR

I now am not sure how to remedy this, ie whether I'll have to scrape/sand off all of the satin, or whether I could paint over it??

I'd really appreciate any advice?

Also any tips on how to paint the skirtings without spoiling my new carpet would be appreciated.

Thanks ever so

Clare

Sponsored Links
I would personally, just paint over it. As sanding will cause dust and might spoil your carpet, unless you are very carful. As for painting without getting your carpet messed up, wedge some cardboard under the skirting boards and don’t use excessive amount of paint at the base of the skirting.

You could paint first with ESP [easy surface primer] which will key the surface allowing the paint to adhere.The problem was caused by applying a water based paint over oil based.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back