quick level 3 gas question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the working pressure at a meter regulator is measured:

a) with one appliance on full rate

b)with all appliances on full rate

c) withy a cooker on one burner

d) when all appliances are in off position.

i went with b , but was told that my answer was wrong and the right answers a

was i wrong?

Sponsored Links
Yes I suppose a is the closest correct answer, the highest rated gas appliance should be used normally at full rate.

Yes I suppose a is the closest correct answer, the highest rated gas appliance should be used normally at full rate.

it doesn`t mention anything about what the appliance is so how can you say that it is the highest rated gas appliance? ;)

An interesting question for Chris I think because;

Satisfactory completion of the assessment in this Core Competency will provide evidence of competence in checking and/or testing meter regulators.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
1. the appliances are all turned off
2. the pressure gauge is zeroed and connected to the meter test point
3. the standing pressure at the test point is observed and recorded
4. the gas appliances are turned on and dependent on the appliances available should be operated as follows :(
i) boiler – full rate
(ii) space heater – full rate
(iii) cooker – three hotplate burners on full rate
(iv) other appliances – full rate
5. the nominal working pressure on the gauge is read and recorded (21 mbar)

Sponsored Links
Err. not really. It doesn`t matter . the op`s answer is correct. I was pointing out the fact that Ollski didn`t know what he was on about & neither do you. ;)

But I don't need to know anymore, You have such a short memory gasbag :LOL: :LOL:

I just have to copy and paste, provided I can remember where I left it :LOL: :LOL:

I could if you really want to know :rolleyes:

I'll look it for when they let you out next weekend :cool:

I could if you really want to know :rolleyes:

I'll look it for when they let you out next weekend :cool:

If you did know you would be crowing about it all over the Forum, you don`t & are stalling for time. Let me know when someone has given you the information. ;)

I don't need anyone to tell me thank you, it's all on my computers :LOL:

And in any case there's no rush you wont be back till next weekend. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

The working pressure at a meter is to be tested with one appliance running only. The working pressure should be checked for each individual appliance as you can have a situation where two appliances will perform correctly but the sizing is insufficient for one. In that case only one appliance would need to be isolated as opposed to all three.

For example: You could have a property with a 20kw boiler and a gas fire.

The boiler is 1m away from the meter and piped in 28mm to that point.

It then tees to 8mm and runs for 20m to the fire.

You gas rate the boiler only as the highest rated appliance and you leave an ID situation.

I know its extremely unlikely but its a laymans example!!!!

And its late!!!

it doesn`t mention anything about what the appliance is so how can you say that it is the highest rated gas appliance? ;)

I didn't, I said it was the closest to a correct answer...or at least I would have done if I had written it down right. ;)

For example: You could have a property with a 20kw boiler and a gas fire.

The boiler is 1m away from the meter and piped in 28mm to that point.

It then tees to 8mm and runs for 20m to the fire.

You gas rate the boiler only as the highest rated appliance and you leave an ID situation.

I know its extremely unlikely but its a laymans example!!!!

And its late!!!

Not really got anything to do with checking working pressure at the meter though.

I didn't, I said it was the closest to a correct answer...or at least I would have done if I had written it down right. ;)

I don't think Jonjb knows what he was talking about. :LOL:

Saving that ollski ;) according to my scraps of paper it's all the appliances :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Isn't it annoying when the mods remove posts and leaves replies to the same post, makes it look like I'm talking to myself again :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back