Quick question about intergrated washing machine fitting...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all :D

Im currently having a new kitchen installed, and have a space for a integrated washer dryer... The units are a standard 870mm in height, and the space is 600mm wide.. however its the depth that concerns me?

The units are 570mm deep which seems to be a rough normal size... the integrated dishwasher and fridge all seem to be fine, but the washing machine confuses me...

In the catalogue it states its W600 H820-870 D555

But the actual booklet with the machine says the machine is actually W596 H818 D541 so that looks promising as it should fit in the gap...

But then on the installation diagram it shows a empty unit with recommended fitment measurements as W600 H820min D600

So im now thinking it wont fit as my unit is only 570mm deep not 600mm like the fitment instructions... do i need to space my units further from the wall??

I assumed most common integrated appliances would be interchangable?

Sponsored Links
Have you measured the machine? (You'll probably get a 4th figure!)

570mm is normal for cabinet depth: A standard work surface above is 600mm which gives a 30mm overhang to a) look neat & b) accommodate the depth of any drawer fronts beneath it. I wouldn't mess around with these dimensions unless you're into custom work surface fitting.

If the machine really is 600mm deep it will be flush with the edge of the work surface. Only you can decide if you can live with this. If there are any pipes, etc on the wall at the back of the the machine this could push it further out.

If the machine really is designed to be 'integrated' I'd be amazed if it didn't fit into the 'standard' dimensions.

The 600mm depth refers to the dimension required for fitting not the depth of the appliance since it need the extra 30mm for pipe and power cable/flex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back