quick question: thermostatic vavles on radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a few radiators in the house which have thermostatic valves on the side.

They are white in colour, we are looking some nice chrome ones. I have unscrewed the thermostatic ones, is it a simple case of just replacing them with chrome ones, or is their anything else i need to look out for? ie are they a standard size ?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Some heads are interchangable but most are not.

What make are the ones you have got?

The all chrome ones look awful IMHO. If you have Honeywell valves then you can change the heads to VT200 models and they look fairly smart.

They aren't as effective as the VT117s.

no idea of the ones i have at the moment. Shall look when i get home.

I know what you mean about the all chrome ones, i like the ones with a bit of white.

The radiator is a tall thin one (brand new) getting it resprayed at a car body shop, all black with bits of glitter in it!

Sponsored Links
gloss finish.

Heres the final look..

Just sitting there until the rest of the kitchen gets done (needs a good clean as well!)

img0072vp7.jpg

img0073sg8.jpg

img0075sq6.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back