Quickest drying adhesive for skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to fit my now painted skirting boards to the wall in the extension, a real wood floor has been laid and walls painted.
My problem is as follows, i need to fix these to the wall but due to the fact its not straight i need to apply due pressure to the boards so to minimise the gaps between skirt and wall, so with this in mind whats the strongest quickest drying adhesive on the market or does anyone have any tips n suggestions.

Sponsored Links
yeah, wanted to put floor down first then attach skirts to wall to allow floor to go under skirt, Wanted a good finish on the skirts and wanted to avoid painting floor and walls.
I have thought to myself now it could have been an easier way to do it as ive always done it that way before but i now have top quality paint finish but unattached boards, think i might have to screw, fill, and touch up unless i can source some really good adhesive ????????

Sponsored Links
what ive done in the past, which is of little help to you now, is to roll out a sheet of paper or plastic on the new floor, screw fix the skirting, paint the skirting, and then pulled out the paper afterwards.

clean floor, fresh boards, and Robert is your mother's brother

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back