Quickie unvented cylinder/radiator question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is most likely a silly question so please forgive me in advance....

In an unvented system, does the radiator loop just go via the boiler or is it routed via the hot water cylinder too? For example, if the water in the cylinder is cold, will this affect how quickly the radiators get hot?

I get that there are separate options for 'hot water' or 'heating' on the control unit but wasn't sure if the hot water option just closed a valve to stop the flow around the rad loop and that when the heating option is chosen it also heats the cylinder water.

Sponsored Links
There are various ways that valves can be aranged, some more common than others. Are you curious about how your own system works? If so, count the number of valves and the number of pipes to each valve (or post a photo).

your unvented hot water cylinder will (should) have independant controls and the "loops" can and do operate seperate of each other. The cylinder must have a zone valve fitted to its heat source.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I'll grab a photo later and post it up for clarity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back