Quiet chimney hood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a decent quality 60cm chimney hood that is quiet. I know these appliance sites have ratings but sometimes the Db levels cannot be trusted.
Anyone recommendations?

Sponsored Links
I've installed a few and they all seem about as noisy to me. As they have centrifugal fans that can shift vast quantities of air, it's the turbulent movement of the air though the fan that creates most of the noise.

Once I owned a property where I installed a remote loft mounted heat recovery system [made by Rega] connected to a chimney hood without a fan, so the fan was enclosed in a box in the loft well away from the hood and all you could hear in the kitchen was the flow of air. With the added advantage that much of the extracted heat that would just be blown outside could be returned to the property in the winter.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back