QUOTE coming in ???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am getting a quote today and would like someone to tell me how much i can expect to get quoted and if i will have to be sitting down. its to plaster the hallway staircase and ceiling. i can plaster well but that area is to big a job for a novice.

Sponsored Links
hard to say without a bit more info, landing too i presume?

you'd get different prices from every plasterer you got in but i suspect they'd be somewhere between £400 - £600 including materials.

sorry i can't be any more specific than that but would need to see it.

either way, walls would need to be prepared and beaded, then ceilings skimmed, followed by all the walls, 2-3 days work and depends if he has a labourer or not though the labourer should cover his own costs as he'd make the job quicker for the spread.

let us know what he comes in with.

he said he charges £120 per shift. but we know his daughter so he will only charge us £100 per shift . should only take a couple of days

Sponsored Links
Does seem rather cheap! therefore would make you question the quality you would expect to get for that price.

anyway it may be a perfectly good plasterer who is doing a favour or maybe short of work.

hall, stair, and landing ceilings i would allow 1 day 8hrs
and the walls another 8. unless its a wendy house or victorian mansion :)

he is very short of work. i will be there when he is doing the work so i can keep an eye on him. i have been learning to plaster myself and am getting pretty good but i don't want to tackle a staircase.

But is he, actually, a professional plasterer?

And you're taking time off to "keep an eye on him"?

Have you good knowledge that he won't leave you with a disgusting mess for walls in your place ("well, you wanted it cheap, so I had to cut a few like").
What were the other quotes?

he is a pro plasterer , he is in his late 50's and been in the game a long time. i have not had any more quotes yet. he said he doesn't use multifinish he prefers hardwall does hardwall give a good finish??????

he is a pro plasterer , he is in his late 50's and been in the game a long time. i have not had any more quotes yet. he said he doesn't use multifinish he prefers hardwall does hardwall give a good finish??????
He's apro plasterer & uses Hardwall as a finish skim coat :eek: My advice would be to get someone else in. ;)

A good finsih with hardwall - errrr... no! I don't think so!

Hardwall isn't finishing plaster.

He SHOULD be using something like multi finish which is what 99% of plasterers us to give a good glass like finish.

I'd question this big style!!

He SHOULD be using something like multi finish which is what 99% of plasterers us to give a good glass like finish.
Any plasterer that leaves you with a “glass like finish” hasn’t done you any favours at all. It’s completely unnecessary & you will have a hard time getting paint (or anything else) to stick to it. Over polishing is a little site trick often used to get your own back on decorators that have ****ed you off along with nicely filling in the “sparky’s” boxes so he has to search for them; not that I would either do or condone either of course! :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back