Neatening up underside of winder stairs

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It looks like there are areas near the wall that might need an inch or more to smooth out the curves. Is that possible?
It looks like there are areas near the wall that might need an inch or more to smooth out the curves. Is that possible?
If you do what i said you wont need an inch ive repeated it 3 times now im off lol

What depth can I actually build up though?

Not an expert, but if well keyed into the existing surface, I would suggest 1" of total extra depth should not be a problem. Have you ever plastered before? Plastering a flat surface is relatively easy, when compared to what you are intending to plaster, even the experts might be struggling with that as you have found in your house. In other words - you might well end up with a worse result than you began with.

Not an expert, but if well keyed into the existing surface, I would suggest 1" of total extra depth should not be a problem. Have you ever plastered before? Plastering a flat surface is relatively easy, when compared to what you are intending to plaster, even the experts might be struggling with that as you have found in your house. In other words - you might well end up with a worse result than you began with.

I’ve filled a few cracks with easifill…I can see this isn’t straightforward, although I can also see the shape it needs to be. Its the knowledge of how to create that shape I lack - materials , techniques etc

This is my last post on this thread just want to say you have a large crack running along the top which you have failed to mention

Last edited:
This is my last post on this thread just want to say you have a large crack running along the top which you have failed to mention or nobody has noticed and would need sorting before any more plaster is added here is a close up of it for the lads to look at
That crack runs along the joint of the plasterboard 45 degree section and the curved winder which I think is mesh and plaster. There are a couple of hairline cracks on the winder part too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back