Quote conversions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a pint or two the other day (well it is half day on a Friday) we were discussing how many quotes we submitted were actually accepted. Going round the table and averaging up we reckoned that about 50% were accepted. The sparks seemed to have the highest conversion rate about 70% with the plumbers and plasterers on 40-50% on average.

We generally work on property refurbishment type projects but we all do our own stuff as it were as single tradesmen.

Personally I seem to be getting about half of my quotes accepted, I can't remember exactly what I would have converted a couple of years ago but it would have been higher than that.

Obviously with the economic squeeze this is to be expected - I suppose - but I'm interested on how well everybody else is doing. Not how much work you have but your ratio between quotes sent out and quotes accepted.

Are we about average or should we just retire to the pub drown our sorrows and think of some carreer changes.

Cheers..............

Sponsored Links
i think thats about average for me, but it changes during teh year. After christmas there doesnt seem to be many landscapers quoting and we seem to have a 70-80% sucess rate. After easter when a lot of them seenm to come out of the woodwork (god knows what else they do in the winter) it probably goes down to 60%.

install quotes this year are running at 90%+ conversion rate, but that could all change drastically by end of next week.
Over the year averages out at 81%

Sponsored Links
Back