R reg corsa starting problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
daughter has a R reg corsa which sometimes wont start have tried all the fuses(ok) battery seems ok starter motor engaging It wont start on the key but will start with a push start not ideal as I get called out to help lol anyone got any ideas

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
yes it turns over with the key even moves car when its put in gear and the key is turned

Sponsored Links
Assuming that once started the car runs OK, then:-
If the starter turns the engine slowly, the battery is probably run down or you've got a duff earth. The easiest thing is to check the earth strap first for clean connections. If this is OK then I would first put the battery on charge or take the car for a long drive to recharge the battery. If as a result the starter turns the engine (when cold) reasonably well, you've got to ask how the battery lost charge in the first place. Could be knackered battery, duff alternator, duff driving characteristics (i.e. too much radio/lights whilst stationary).
Mark you, it could always be the starter motor but if this seems to engage without effort then it probably is OK.

I assume the car does run Ok once started ?

Thanks all her B/F took it to the garage they said it was the crankcase sensor and it was sometimes affecting the timeing will post back if this fixes the problem

Back