RAC, AA or Green Flag

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife's RAC renewal is soon, £232 -been with them 28 years.

Its car only, home start, recovery, onward travel.

Green flag £67

AA £119

Does she, ring RAC snd ask if discount poss or just get alternative, which no doubt is new customer rate and will ramp up.

Reviews of green flag are quite low on trust pilot, but like insurance people often only review when they have been wound up.

This incentive to new business and lack of loyalty to existing customers is very tedious. :sleep:

Sponsored Links
Im waiting a while to decide who to go with.

Who ever the haulage companies go with I'll go with the opposite

My wife's RAC renewal is soon, £232 -been with them 28 years.

Its car only, home start, recovery, onward travel.

Green flag £67

AA £119

Does she, ring RAC snd ask if discount poss or just get alternative, which no doubt is new customer rate and will ramp up.

Reviews of green flag are quite low on trust pilot, but like insurance people often only review when they have been wound up.

This incentive to new business and lack of loyalty to existing customers is very tedious. :sleep:
Green flag does cheap for a reason, and not all that great in an emergency imo.

Every year I switch back and fourth between AA and RAC, then every year get the introductory price. Just playing the game, as I like to call it.

:)

Sponsored Links
Not called out the breakdown services for 22 years. I went with AXA as the cover seemed good ,the price reasonable and I don't expect I'll be using it.

Try contacting the RAC and tell them you are considering going to a provider who gives you similar cover for £ 67 and see what happens??

If you do the same with Sky, assuming you are paying full whack for any of their packages, even the cheapest and tell them you are leaving because their service is too expensive, the cost will be slashed to a lot less than 50% of what you have been paying, my take is that if any company has ripped me off that much [over what length of time??] i will take by business and money somewhere else.

I am with Green Flag, OK service no grumbles at all, I took out the top package, recovery from one end of the country to the other Etc.

I change Energy suppliers annually, gust have and saved 11% on the supplier I was with given preent supplier is about to dump me on to a standard variable tariff

I swap Home and contents insurer as above, at one time i was with one Insurer and about to be charged a tad less than £ 600 in premiums, swapped insurer and saved £ 400.

Pays to shop around and tell your provider [of whatever service you have] that you are looking elsewhere.

Ken

If you travel to Europe, and want european cover too, then try quotelinedirect. Recommended.

Every year I switch back and fourth between AA and RAC, then every year get the introductory price. Just playing the game, as I like to call it.

:)

Every year I switch between the AA and...the AA. One year in my name, next year in the wife’s but...... I do it through TopCashback and get money back every time too (around £70). Joint cover with relay in any car and it covers my motorcycle too. We have a Range Rover so practically a must-have! Used them twice, very pleased with the service (and I’m in the motor trade) and the app they use is very good too - you can request assistance from it, they can get your location from it and you can track the patrol that is on its way to you too. Wifey was impressed when she broke down once and feels safe with it. No such app from the RAC.

Many thanks for all the advice - lots of great ideas I hadnt considered.

Cheers Motman -swapping each year on AA sounds a good idea.

KenGMac cheers for info on greenflag, great to get feedback from a user.

Cheers sodthisforfun -that concurs with what I thought.

Securepark cheers havent thought about GEM

I have a Lloyd's platinum account. I But for £17.50 a month I get full AA cover. Two mobile phones insured. Travel insurance. I do get other supposed benifits but they are the main. It's worked for me. may jack it in this year if it goes up any more

If it goes up

Every year I switch between the AA and...the AA. One year in my name, next year in the wife’s but...... I do it through TopCashback and get money back every time too (around £70). Joint cover with relay in any car and it covers my motorcycle too. We have a Range Rover so practically a must-have! Used them twice, very pleased with the service (and I’m in the motor trade) and the app they use is very good too - you can request assistance from it, they can get your location from it and you can track the patrol that is on its way to you too. Wifey was impressed when she broke down once and feels safe with it. No such app from the RAC.
Excellent, I'd never had thought about that - will just swap back and fourth because we have a joint membership too.

I've had no trouble with either the AA or RAC. One of them would do a relay service if broken down a fair distance, but I never experienced that. I've used both services a fair few times, I bought a new van that kept breaking down and I used to drive around 45k miles a year all over the country so I've called them both out plenty. I once broke down 2 miles from home after work and was due to drive to my mothers 60th birthday party 280 miles away. The RAC guy drove me home to pack my bag then drove me with the broken down van on the back the whole way, saving me missing the family celebrations and the wrath of my mother :)

Have personal cover for me and the Mrs . Covers any vehicle your in . £80 at last renewal.

Have personal cover for me and the Mrs . Covers any vehicle your in . £80 at last renewal.

You were done.

Current prices right now:
Cover for two people in any car - roadside only £89
Cover for two people any car - roadside and relay - £149

If bought through Topcashback.co.uk;
Cover for two people in any car - roadside only £89 less £40 cashback = £49
Cover for two people any car - roadside and relay - £149 less £65 cashback = £84

What would you have?

You don't get cashback for renewals - new policies only which is why I alternate between myself and the Mrs. :D

Sponsored Links
Back