Rad Valve Ever So Slightly Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Spent the last few hours trawling previous posts on this. Replaced a rad earlier (after decorating), but one of the valve nuts is just a little damp when I apply tissue paper to it. It doesn't drip. Wary of tightening further, in case I do damage.

I seem to remember having this problem previously when I used compression fittings for an outside tap. After a couple of weeks, the slight dampness disappeared. I think I'll leave the "leak" for a couple of weeks and see if it sorts itself out. Why would/could this happen? Is it limescale, minerals or some impurity in the water that makes for a water tight joint at the nut/olive/pipe location? Of course, I'm referring to VERY minor leaks here.

I have a Biasi Riva Advance 32KW fitted June '08. It's at 2 bar and I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Checked the cap nuts on other rads, and all are dry except the one on the drain off at the lowest point. Again - damp tissue. I wonder if it's 'cause I used the integral drain off and maybe disturbed the nut (at pipe entry point) ever so slightly...?

Ta,

3rd.

Sponsored Links
Hours trawling through posts? Just tighten it up a little bit.

What's the worst that can happen?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back