Radiant Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

We have a Radiant Combi Boiler (No model on boiler). It works fine but the extract fan continuously runs when the boiler is not in use. Could you suggest a fix or do we need to get an engineer out to it?

Cheers Sue & Dave
:)

Sponsored Links
If this is a permanent pilot model then the fan SHOULD run at a slower speed all the time to keep the combustion chamber cool and supplied with fresh air.

Tony

If this is a permanent pilot model then the fan SHOULD run at a slower speed all the time to keep the combustion chamber cool and supplied with fresh air.

Tony

why would the chamber need fresh air tony?

;)

Sponsored Links
why would the chamber need fresh air tony?

)

So you are not overcome if you open it up and breathe it deeply, man!

LMAO wow Tony either you are becoming a hipppy "man" or you are just being rude.

I was actually thinking that the pilot light would need the fresh air and would go out if the fan didnt run either periodically or contiuously.

as for being over come you would really? I would not have thought a radiant combustion chamber could hold that much CO with in it to floor a grown Adult human who had opened it in a ventilated are.

But still who is anyone let alone me to argue with you.

"Man" = West Indian speak!

I once took a sniff of the flue at a not well running boiler and it made me feel quite ill for about 20 minutes!

That has taught me not to sniff very closely at anything where CO might be present.

Very few boilers I go to ever seem to put the pilot out due to lack of combustion air when the fan fails or in the case of the Excel 80 the customer switches the boiler to "off".

Does tend to make screwed connections leak though and sometimes might trip the o/h stat.

Tony

Thanks Guys

The boiler has a permanent pilot light, but the fan has only recently begun to run permanently (or we have never heard it before). Could it be that the fan is now just noisy and needs lubricating?

Cheers Sue & Dave

:confused:

"Man" = West Indian speak!

I once took a sniff of the flue at a not well running boiler and it made me feel quite ill for about 20 minutes!

That has taught me not to sniff very closely at anything where CO might be present.

Very few boilers I go to ever seem to put the pilot out due to lack of combustion air when the fan fails or in the case of the Excel 80 the customer switches the boiler to "off".

Does tend to make screwed connections leak though and sometimes might trip the o/h stat.

Tony

fair enough mate

I know that the swiftflow and PP Puma need the fan running to enable the pilot to stay alight, not sure of any others though

The fan has been running all the time dodge but as you say its squeaking now so you are noticing it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back