Radiater bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have designed a bleeding device for radiators which would prevent water spillage.
Can any body tell me this is a great idea or do people do what they have allways done and put a bunch off towles on the floor.

Sponsored Links
already afew devices already around and i don't know a single plumber that uses one.
the good old t towel/rag works wonders for me.

so probably a waste of time going any further with yours.

imageseee.jpg

Are you sure that's your design? It looks very familiar to me.I think I saw it in a Betterware catalogue!!

Are you sure that's your design? It looks very familiar to me.I think I saw it in a Betterware catalogue!!

Hi 45yearsagasman, no that is not my design. With my device I would be able to drain radiators for detachment without draining down the system.

Sponsored Links
I am intrigued, first you say you have invented a bleeding device, then this becomes a device for draining off a radiator for removal.

I have just fitted Pegler valves to do just this, so that in the future I can drain down radiator solely.

If you have a device that does away with bowls under joints at the valves and the chance of "orrible" black stains on the carpet then you may have something worthwhile for the DIY/Decorators market, price would be all important!! Is this what you have in mind?

I would be able to drain radiators for detachment without draining down the system.

scratch-head02-idea-animated-animat.gif

you don't need a device for that it's called shut both valves and drain the rad only.

Hi that is obvious, this is for some times if more than just tweeking a bit of air out. Then like wise once both valves are shut and the rad unhooked from wall and swung horizontal water can be drianed to a recpticle prior to uncoupling from valves, so as to make it more manageable to blast out or change.

Hi that is obvious, this is for some times if more than just tweeking a bit of air out. Then like wise once both valves are shut and the rad unhooked from wall and swung horizontal water can be drianed to a recpticle prior to uncoupling from valves, so as to make it more manageable to blast out or change.[/quote]

Are you pi55ed?

Then like wise once both valves are shut and the rad unhooked from wall and swung horizontal water can be drianed to a recpticle prior to uncoupling from valves, so as to make it more manageable to blast out or change.

no way would i unhook a 1200mm double rad from the wall thats full of water and still attached to the valves.

Seco why not? you can roll it over to a support or inlist help. Why drain system or invite a flood if one valve coupling cracked to drain at bottom.

:
Seco why not? you can roll it over to a support or inlist help. Why drain system or invite a flood if one valve coupling cracked to drain at bottom.
:eek: :eek: :)

Ahem. You've just acknowledge that cracking a nut can cause a panic of the wet kind. You presumably have to loosen the nut (i.e. crack the nut.) Then lift the rad slightly, IF theres play, then create some sort of support on to which you lower the (heavy with water) rad. Then you drain via your thingymabob.

Fantastic. how do I order.

I've had my thinking hat on, and invented a tilt rad and drain system. Remove top plug of rad. insert 15mm iso.valve etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back