Radiator Balancing

Have the rad off the wall, take it outside and flush through with a hosepipe. That's the only sure way, in my view, to get rid of any sludge.

Make sure you turn it upside down, then upright and give it a good purge until the water is running clear. Double-check the bleed valves are clear and working before you refit it. Not unknown for bits of cr@p to lodge themselves around the valves and stop it being bled.

Cheers, I think that's all I'm left with. I'll wait 'til the wife starts whingeing again. Would have done it already if it hadn't have been the big doubler; it is rather heavy!

Sponsored Links
Yeah tell me about it. Did all mine last spring In particular 1 long double (about 6').

Tell the wife if she wants to be warm she has to help. Mine did, so now we're toasty warm with all rads flushed and pumping out plenty of heat. You have kinda picked the wrong time of year to mess with the heating :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back