Radiator Boosters - RB1-707-TT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
K Folks, many readers have done me proud in so many areas, here is another which is a bit on the limb.

I bought a "Radiator Booster" from Ecohamster and have received it, and despite all the reviews, I cant believe that what I have received says what it does....

Bought from : http://www.ecohamster.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9542

Company Source: http://www.radiatorbooster.co.uk/product.html

I searched for reviews, which were relatively favourable compared with the price and I didn't find the later link until now.

Has anyone seen it, used it, is it really worth the flimsy plastic that it appears to be?

Thanks for any opinions. If I am to return this, I need to make my mind up by the COP on Wed to catch Thursday's post.

Ta
Marie

Sponsored Links
Must admit, I'm skeptical. If it was such a great idea, somehow I think it would be recommended on a nationwide scale, given current energy use concerns.

I would expect the room it is fitted in to heat up faster - at the expense of the other rooms.

Ultimately how quickly the house warms up is dependent on how big the boiler and radiators are and pipe work design, how much the boiler runs is dependent on the efficiency of the boiler and your insulation (how much heat escapes).

Getting heat out of a radiator quicker does not change the fact that the boiler can only supply heat to the house at a set rate (its rating).

Won't save you any energy - actually costs you some electricity to run it.

OOPs post the response on the other thread last night :(

I originally came across Nigel's website - http://www.nigelsecostore.com/acatalog/Radiator_Booster.html, and be being a MSE I looked to find cheaper prices. The item I bought appeared to be the same, but I cant believe what I have received is the same thing, but it certainly has the same box format / logo etc.

God damit, when you think you have found a reliable site, it sometimes seems as though they hv'nt done the research either.

The item is feels and smells of cheap plastic, its so flimsey my kitten cld bend it if we were playing with it.... I know it has to be flexible to cope with different radiator lengths etc (and in that regard its not bad), but the whole quality of the materials is worrying. Why did they not say it was plastic, why did they not say the type of plastic... I guess its raising all sorts of worrying Qs.

Thanks
M

Sponsored Links
A little bit on where it will be placed.

Its going on the radiator on the top floor bedroom where the PCs are. My fella is an online addict, and as its the top of the house etc, it gets very, very cold. The top floor (13x20) has just had a new roof with insulation, and when I had the CH installed a year ago, I made the mistake of only having 1 installed.

IJWS15 - so this was why I thought this would be a good present for my OH.

Cheers
M
PS I am more awake now :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back