Ecosavers Radiator Foil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A 2nd item from the same company, so bare with me folks

Bought this and the Radiator Booster - refer to ....

I bought a "Ecosavers Radiator Roil" from Ecohamster and have received it, and despite all the reviews, I cant believe that what I have received says what it does....

Bought from : http://www.ecohamster.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=10790

I searched for reviews, which were relatively favourable compared with the price and I seem to have remembered that Ecosaver had a good reputation.

Has anyone seen it, used it, as is it really thin, really thin, and so I can believe it does what it "says on the tin".

Thanks for any opinions. If I am to return this, I need to make my mind up by the COP on Wed to catch Thursday's post.

Ta
Marie

Sponsored Links
Some may disagree, but this is worth sticking behind the radiator - it's the foil that does the trick of reflecting heat away from the wall.

You can spend the £14.99 on yourself and still save energy. Simply call in the pub 4 nights a year on your way home from work, buy 1 gas of wine and set your heating to come on 30 mins later. Sorted.
Seriously this should only be installed on radiators on outside walls if it to be of any minute benifite at all, but I cant see you recovering the initial outlay.
However, looking at the other product headlined, like the water powered calculator (when most others are powered by sunlight which is properly green and free) I would not take their figures to seriously. Or the Radiator Booster which can only increase the delta T of your boiler so invaliding any gas saving due to quicker boiler cycling. Of course it may improve heat output but not efficiency.
My opinion is to be green as possible by reducing energy consumption but not just to line someone elses pockets who have noticed a way of making money from peoples guilt.

Hi Guys

What a fab response - and what are u doing on at this time of night :p

I originally came across Nigel's website - http://www.nigelsecostore.com/acatalog/Radiator_Booster.html, and be being a MSE I looked to find cheaper prices. The item I bought appeared to be the same, but I cant believe what I have received is the same thing, but it certainly has the same box format / logo etc.

God damit, when you think you have found a reliable site, it sometimes seems as though they hv'nt done the research either.

The item is feels and smells of cheap plastic, its so flimsey my kitten cld bend it if we were playing with it.... I know it has to be flexible to cope with different radiator lengths etc (and in that regard its not bad), but the whole quality of the materials is worrying. Why did they not say it was plastic, why did they not say the type of plastic... I guess its raising all sorts of worrying Qs.

Thanks
M
(PS I gotta go to bed, or work will be complaining, mind u, they generally do :p Mornings are never my thing. Be online during the day. Ta M)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back