Radiators recommendation

oh glad you cleared that up that you dont understand how a trv works on various sized rads in reply to my question .
And 95 % of pro`s do not fit rads to the size rad calcs come up with otherwise there would be a lot of disappointed customers out there.
You might have learnt that if you had attended an extra week after your 6 week course
So what size do you fit compared to the result of btu calculators?

Sponsored Links
The BTU calculators are reliable but you need to be careful with specific details that can effect the feel of the heat emitted or the room itself, or personal preference.

Also most radiator manufacturers list the outputs on a ridiculous flow temp like DT 50 to make the rads look like they output more than what is sensible - so take into account and size according to the adjustment factor and actual flow temperature.

Morning everyone, slow progress on these radiators due to other projects.
My wife aka the boss, has said that Stelrad radiators are too expensive and found very similar ones with good reviews called NRG.
They seem to have a very nice BTU output.
Anyone have tried them?
Thanks

Morning everyone, slow progress on these radiators due to other projects.
My wife aka the boss, has said that Stelrad radiators are too expensive and found very similar ones with good reviews called NRG.
They seem to have a very nice BTU output.
Anyone have tried them?
Thanks
the radiators they sell in wickes are actual stelrads and far cheaper then badged stelrads

Sponsored Links
As a general point, I think it's not a bad thing to have plenty of rad area, and choose rads with a high kW/m2 output (at a given DT) and they do vary. That way you save gas by getting maximum condensation, and if in future you convert to a heat pump, which needs lower water temperature for good efficiency, may not need to change the rads.
This was discussed in a thread a while ago, but I can't find it just now.

As a general point, I think it's not a bad thing to have plenty of rad area, and choose rads with a high kW/m2 output (at a given DT) and they do vary. That way you save gas by getting maximum condensation, and if in future you convert to a heat pump, which needs lower water temperature for good efficiency, may not need to change the rads.
This was discussed in a thread a while ago, but I can't find it just now.
Found that thread.
https://www.diynot.com/diy/posts/5150314/
Might be worth asking Alan 483256 what rads he bought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back