Radiator brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was wondering if someone would advise please - I've just had our radiators taken off the walls for refurbished cast iron radiators to be put in instead. I have wood panelling in the bedroom and where the radiator was, there are left over brackets that stick through the wood (attached to the wall, holes made in the wood) that the previous owner never bothered to take off before putting his replacement radiator. My question is, what should I use to trim those brackets without taking the wood panelling off. I think they're aluminum. The plumber mentioned some kind of electric tool that looks like a shaver to cut them off with.

Thanks for your time and help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

But he said it'd cost 10 quid in Lidl's, not 100!

Is there another way of cutting the brackets?

Thanks.

a cheap 4" angle grinder should do the trick cheaply. with metal cutting disc should cost no more than £20-£25.

Sponsored Links
A Dremel :idea: I`ve had one for years , it`s great for hard to reach cutting jobs - and delicate ones like yours - I think an angle grinder is a bit big

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back