Rehanging a radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spare bedroom has been replastered. Plasterer took the brackets off. Pipework is fine. Any advice how I put the brackets on the wall at the correct height to match the pipework with the radiator. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Lay radiator face down. Put brackets on radiator.
With some cardboard mark the position of the brackets in relation to pipe inlet valves. Transfer cardboard with marks to wall.
Put one screw in the long slot on rad bracket. Try radiator.
Adjust height of the brackets with the one screw in the bracket slot.
When correct add more screws to brackets.
You can check with a tape measure as well.

With the cardboard, tape some together to make it large enough if you need to.

Another way is a tape measure. Lots of measuring and marking. I found that too difficult and not so accurate

I measured the distance from floor to the base of the radiator; in my case it was ~8 inches.
I had some wooden pieces lying in house; I stacked them to get to the desired height - 8 inches.
Put radiator alongwith brackets on those wooden pieces to align the pipes. Then mark edges of the brackets with marker on the wall.
Put the radiator aside and align brackets and drill holes on the wall.
Follow @Wayners instructions by adjusting height of brackets.
You should be OK, I did mine before winters, first one was difficult but from there on it was easy!

Assuming standard panel rads
Tape and a level all that required.
With a pencil mark center of rad valve conection on wall. Put bractet on rad measure from top of bracket to center of bottom run of rad that's also center of valve tail.
Transfer that measurement to wall measuring fron first pencil mark.
Dead easy quick I've literally hundreds over years.
One thing to check is rad valves are actually level to each other not always the case!

Sponsored Links
See attached

Attachments

• Pages from Collins Complete Plumbing and Central Heating.pdf
    256 KB · Views: 49

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back