Radiator Circuit Plan - Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am currently modernising my house, taking out a 10mm microbore system and replacing with 22mm and 15mm pipe and standard size radiator values with TRVs.

Please see the below diagram I am not sure if the best option (A) is to run one main loop or (B) send the main circuit off in 2 directions. Unltimately would it make any difference.

Ta
Rob

Sponsored Links
IMO most professionals would choose option B. This would keep the amount of pipework to a minimum and make balancing straightforward.
I assume the boiler is in the internal cupboard?
Its not a big system. Is it sealed or open vented and what boiler do you have?

Keep them short, so (B)
But you can do this sort of thing for small rads too, no point taking them all back to the 22mm

unled2zxt.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for advice.

Its an open vented system, the boiler is in the kitchen with the pump and valve upstairs above it. There are 2 more bedrooms upsatairs these were added at a later date are were not on the microbore circuit.

Cheers
Rob

Seal/pressurise it. It'll be quieter, cleaner, more reliable...

Just make sure all flows are uniform , seems you have a mix & match with some flows to right of rad & some to left of rad. ;) , not that it makes any difference whatsover , just good practice.:cool:

Just make sure all flows are uniform , seems you have a mix & match with some flows to right of rad & some to left of rad. ;) , not that it makes any difference whatsover , just good practice.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back