radiator cold at bottom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have 1 downstairs radiator which is cold at bottom. If I turn off other radiators downstairs then it gets hot all over but reverts to cold at bottom when others are turned back on. I have tried it with other radiators gagged right back but then only gets a bit warmer at the bottom. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Its either a flow problem from poor balancing or its a sludge problem
Is the lockshield valve fully open? (thats the end you dont normally touch by the way)

Could be that one of the pipes leading to it is kinked or restricted by debris as well.
What system do you have and what speed is your pump set to?

Thanks for advice. Have tried balancing again and radiator seems to be getting hot all over.

Sponsored Links
try bleeding them when switched off !!
Have 1 downstairs radiator which is cold at bottom. If I turn off other radiators downstairs then it gets hot all over but reverts to cold at bottom when others are turned back on. I have tried it with other radiators gagged right back but then only gets a bit warmer at the bottom. Any help appreciated.

try bleeding them when switched off !!
What on earth does bleeding radiators have to do with the problem described? The rad is hot at the top, so hot water is clearly getting to the top of the rad, so no air there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back