Radiator controlled by Myson TRV always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've found a few posts about radiators not heating up with TRV's on and that removing the cap and loosening the pin does the trick. However, one of my radiators is always on regardless of the setting.

At first all was well, it was set to 0 and was always off. but a while ago I noticed it is always on, not good in a very small room with computer equipment on 24/7!

Before I try and take the TRV cap off and loosen the pin can I ask if this is the right thing to do?

The TRV in question is a Myson one like in this post:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=473145#473145

Sponsored Links
Yeah its prob stuck...unscrew the collar thats highlighted in that pic from othger post(should be able to do it with your hand)...oh turn TRV up to max first.
Youll see a pin when its removed..push it in and out with a blunt object being careful not to damage it or bend it by applying any sideways pressure.
Once your happy its moving freely reassemble and bobs your uncle
Marty.

the innards of the head are probably buggered meaning the valve is open all the time. fairly common for these to fail like this.

remove this trv head and another and swap them over to confirm.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying, will give it a go over the weekend. I will let you know when I have flooded the place :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back