Radiator heat reflector lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have had no problem doing this with a radiator that has a flat wall behind it, but how do you feed and smooth down heat-reflective foil veneer behind a radiator that has a substantial shelf overhang just above it?
I've tried unhanging the radiator but there's not enough play in the piping to do so and the thought of draining down the entire sytem and taking the radiator off the wall just doesn't bear thinking about.
I cannot get a "behind-the-radiator" paint roller up or down more than 3 inches behind the back of the radiator.
I have seen those panels that just have a sticky pad in each corner, but they do look so bodged and temporary in a child's bedroom.
Someone surely has hit upon the right length bit of whatever that will both bend and apply just enough pressure, with the right adhesive, to mount the piece more permanently?
I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
close off both rad valves, counting the number of turns for the lockshiled valve.
vent any air/preasure out of it until the water stops running
then get a few towels, and a shallow tray and undo one of the nuts on the rad and let it drain into the tub
undo other nut, remove rad and turn upside down when removed
do ya stuff on the wall
put it back on wall, connect valves, open valves, check for leaks, and bleed rad, until water comes out.

If on a combi you will need to top the presure back up with the filling loop should be around 1.5 bar, if on gravity it should just fill back up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back