radiator into a bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I wish to install some form of radiator into a seven section bay window that has a circumference of 136 inches.
It is a very low window with the maximum height available being 15 inches.
I do not wish to spend a lot of money on this project but do need to heat this area, the bay wall is very exposed and is always cold in the winter

Thanks

cunningdaw

Sponsored Links
A web search for 'curved radiators' turns up many companies who will custom form radiators to fit bay windows. Many offer an on-line quotation service.

A row of (7?) small flat radiators linked top and bottom with copper pipes would work, but would probably look 'a little untidy'.

Saw a welder shaping 6mm steel plates to repair a narrowboat hull a while ago. He was doing most of the work by propping one end up on railway sleepers and driving his Transit over them, making the final adjustments with a sledgehammer..... Not too sure that would work very well with radiators though....

if 15" is the max height then you wont even fit a 400mm high rad

any solution is likely to be expensive

It will be more effective to place a normal rad near the cold area, that way the heat will not be trapped when you close the curtains at 4 pm in winter. Whole lot cheaper as well.

Sponsored Links
Buy a 300mm high radiator and have it delivered HERE I've used them before to curve radiators and they have done a good job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back