1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Radiator not heating fully

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by DIYJenny, 22 Nov 2019.

1. DIYJenny

DIYJenny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Our living room radiator is never very hot and is cooler at the bottom. A CH guy said a chemical flush would sort it. However, I used the key which bleeds the radiator and completely clear water came out. Then I closed off all the other radiators in the house which resulted in the living room radiator becoming very hot top and bottom. I then opened all the other radiators to 2 on the TRV. Result was the living radiator returned to its not very hot state.

We have 14 radiators and the boiler is upstairs and the living room downstairs.

I am thinking our boiler is maybe not large enough but we had it checked for size a while ago and we're advised it was only marginally too small.

Would appreciate advice on any other reason radiator is not hot.

Not too technical please!

Grateful thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. terryplumb

terryplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The system probably needs balancing .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links