Radiator not heating up issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an annoying problem with one of my radiators in upstairs bedroom. I have had the house refurbished and all radiators that were against an inside wall moved under the window of an outside wall. The central heating was working all fine while we were still working on the house. I have however been living inihere for the past month and the radiator either goes off completely making it stone cold while heating is working or likl it is now only part of it heats up.

I've already taken the radiator off and flushed it outside where a lot of black water was washed out of it. I've reppacedrthe trv and the valve on the other side. Whole system was then ran with sentinel x800 cleaner for nearly two hours and emptied of all water. Also been refilled and all radiators were bled.

Now the problematic radiator heats off the trv side about 5" towards the middle and whole top. On the right hand side however it sits lightly warm and the outlet pipe is cold asawell as the bottom ofothe radiator.

I am now clueless as to what else can be done to make it work the right way as all the other radiators heat up instantly and stay hot.

Sponsored Links
Conventional panel radiator or other ?combi boiler or system boiler ? Try turning off trv' s on all other rads whilst problem rad is left on ,see what result is. Chemical additives need more than two hours to have any positive effect .

Hi, it's a conventional single panel radiator and a combi boiler. I'll try turning all others off butbI have done it before and there wasnt any improvement although that was before the flush.
The sentinel x800 label says it must be running in the system for a na hour to dissolve all the residue in the rsdistors and pipes and then the system to be emptied and refilled again clean

Sponsored Links
Sorry mis read sentinel 400 ,which needs MINIMUM 2 hours. Nevertheless ,unless the chemical is freely dispersed and running all through the system ,and yours does not appear to be on the pipework / rad you are having the problem with ,it won't be fully doing its job. Was 800 used in conjunction with a powerflush ,and what diameter is your pipework ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back