Radiator Pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to replace an ordinary radiator in my bathroom with a towel rail, but the pipework is, not surprisingly, in the wrong place - too far apart. I could either add a couple of 90 degree bends to one of the pipes or - and this is the question - can I use a flexible chrome tap fitting or a short length of Hep2O?

Sponsored Links
dia is talking about rad valves extensions......see what gap u need to make up and go and get some....
they come in 20,30 and 50mm and some are extendable (but i dont like them)

So....combining these on both sides of the rad could make up ur gap.

u can join them together ie a 20mm and a 50mm to make a 70mm...
but the longer the extension the worse it looks...it normally looks ok up to a 50 mm ext .....

Now that will look lovely £ 200 quid spent on a towel rad with a bit of plasic joining it up or not quite as bad a few extension pieces..... get someone in and pipe it up proper coming striaght out of floor with a couple of nice inline rad valves and make it the feature it is deigned to be

Sponsored Links
Should've said - the pipework rises through a solid floor, then expensive ceramic tiles(no longer available to replace), and so I HAVE to leave them as they are. I was advised that an extension piece, especially one with a drain plug, would allow me to close the gap.
What I really wanted to know was whether it was safe to use flexible connections, given that I shall have in-line valves which would ordinarily require rigid pipework either side.
Thanks to those who offered advice, and if there's an answer to this post, I would be grateful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back