Always on Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an open vented pumped central heating system with one radiator that is "always on" in the bathroom irrespective of the central hearting pump.

I have replaced the "always on" standard radiator for a chrome towel rail type and moved to an adjacent wall. The chrome towel rail type is around twice as high as the one it replaces.

When I bleed the system the radiator stays "always on" for around 1 day and then goes permanently cold.

Is the problem due to the height of the chrome towel rail radiator or could it be something else.

Thanks for your help. :cry:

Sponsored Links
The old radiator was "always on", I believe this is the way it was designed.

All I did was remove the old radiator, cut the pipes and extend them to the new chrome towel rail type radiator.

Sponsored Links
To tell you the truth I dilled two holes in a joist lower down from the pipes original level and passed the pipes through them, then fed them up to the rad valves,

So I guess the pipes drop down from their original level then rise up to the rad.

I thought it would be a better place for the pipes than just under the floorboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back