Radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have a problem with our radiators, when the heating is on the downstairs radiators get really warm, but the upstairs one are only hot at the bottom half of the radiator, whilst the top half is cold!!! Can anyone help with what might be the problem here??? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That does indicate, to me, that the system needs "bleeding".ie, getting air out of the system. The cold half, of the upper radiators, is likely to be full of air. You should find lots of information in the archives on how to carry this out. It is a simple matter to bleed radiators but, if you are not a competent DIYer, a local plumber would do this for you.

Bleed the radiators alst night, and still same problem. Have noticed this morning that the water level is below the red line, so need to top up the water level. Might be a basic question, but is this something that i can do myself???

Sponsored Links
when you bled the rads, boiler pressure would have dropped, just add some more from the filler loop (presuming its a sealed system) put it back up to 1.5bar cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back