Radiator Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right im only a kid by your standards but im asking this because i need to show it to someone.

my radiator has a bend at one end. this has caused a leak so both valves have been shut off. however one valve is slightly broken and is still alowing water to pass through.im sure there is a way to stop the water coming through this valve by an adjustment somewhere on it.

40600002.JPG

and the main water supply cannot be switched off cos this is an old system.

thanks in advance for any help[/img]

Sponsored Links
can anyone help then because i really just want to stop the supply to the radiator for now. just this one radiator though.

PLEASE!

thanks

you can freeze it at both ends, but it will only last 1/2 an hour, best option drain system

Sponsored Links
cant drain the system. its an old system and the pipes below the radiator are the hot water pipes. wouldnt usually be a problem but my mother runs a pub and these pipes run thorugh the ENTIRE pub so we cant stop the water.

Your system is old.

Is it an open vented system ie with a header tank?

If so tie up ball cock in tank so water to heating system is off.

Drain system.

Fix valve.

Refill system.

yeah thanks for your help. got a friend in. new rad and new valve coming at 10.00 am. he also suggested having the sytem flushed cos it is oily and gunky..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back