radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently removed 2 rads in living room to decorate, put them both back on and now only one of them gets hot - the other is stone cold - as is the one in the hallway which hasnt been touched and worked ok before.
I read the FAQ and later today will turn all the others off which will aparantly get more flow to the ones that dont work. Im not sure of the technical ins and outs of the system we have, but they dont follow on from each other, each rad has 2 pipes which both go back up into the loft to the cylinder. The ones that were removed had a drain tap on so I closed off both sides of the rad and drained them that way, I later found that aparantly one side is a balance valve - is there a way to tell which is the balance and which is the heating control? I put them both in the middle for now.
The pipes going to the 2 cold radiators arnt hot either, I have bled them and get nothing but water out.
Is there anything else I should be looking at doing apart from closing the others off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not until you've done that. Unless one of the valves is stuck shut.
Doesn't matter which end is the balancing/lockshield one, esp if you don't have a thermostatic rv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back