Balancing radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently tried to balance the central heating system in my house as there are three rads which only get slightly warm. Some rads have trv valves and some Dont, To find out which was the in and out on each rad i closed the valves on both sides of the rads then when the system was up to temp I opened both vales on each rad together to see which side was hottest first. I have found that on several rads that when i open both valves together the end that gets hot first does not always have the trv valve on!! should these only be fitted on the input to the rad? they seem to be on different sides. is that a problem. thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do you know the make of the TRV's. Look on the side of the valve it should have arrows for the flow direction and it might have bi-directional written on it.

By turning off all the valves your going to have to start from scratch with the balancing, and the fault with the rads may not have been a balancing problem. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Maybe I was foolish to try re balancing..I did manage to get the three rads hot when I had all the others shut off but as before when I started to open the rest of my rads I keep losing the heat in the same 3 rads..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back