Radiator Problems Need HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've broken the pipes which come off the valves at both ends of the radiator, one has a bend in it so it has to be replaced, and the other is leaking from inside the valve, and i don't have a clue how to fix it as I have broke it and my dad is annoyed, any ideas????????

I think the pipe inside the valve is ok and the olive ring only has to be replaced, but the other side has a bend in it, so the pipe might need to be sawn off and replaced, can this be done with a compression joint??? and without soldering it?? any ideas will be welcome!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plumber, so my first thought would be, send for your local plumber!

If you are determined to do it yourself, why not go for the push-fit kit? I KNOW it works with central heating as a lot of our piping is now polypipe and push-fit connectors, and I work at a school!

Just a thought.

just tighten the nut as tight as u can m8 for the leaky olive and try and bend the pipe by hand but dont kink it if u deside to replace that bit of piper u can compression fittings or easyer use push fit fittings speed fit are the best but use a pipe cutter not a hacksaw as the rubber seal in side gets disloged also make sure they go on square to the pipe and go on all the way and u never have a worry about a leak but u may need to drain the system first by turning off the water finding the drain off and opening it then using a garden hose to empty water out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back