Radiator Pump on constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oil fired Sealed system. Have Danfoss Heating control pack. Have 2 Danfoss HP22 2 port motorised valves, one for Hot Water ( HW ) one for Central Heating ( CH). Radiator pump is on constant, CH has not been on for weeks, but whenever turn on for hot water to be heated, the water is pumped round the radiators.
In the wiring box if I remove the " Grey Wire " from the HW Valve the pump stops.
I was wondering if I needed a New Valve or would a new Actuator or even a new Drayton Synchronous Motor. Any help would do.
Many thanks
Madnurse3

Sponsored Links
you seem to have diagnosed correctly/ try taking the synchron motor out of the valve , very easy to do but make sure you isolate the power first, if the mechanism springs back when you remove the motor then it was just the motor that was seized and quite cheap to buy, if it doesnt spring back you may need to replace the valve but this is possible but unusual

Oil fired Sealed system. Have Danfoss Heating control pack. Have 2 Danfoss HP22 2 port motorised valves, one for Hot Water ( HW ) one for Central Heating ( CH). Radiator pump is on constant, CH has not been on for weeks, but whenever turn on for hot water to be heated, the water is pumped round the radiators.
In the wiring box if I remove the " Grey Wire " from the HW Valve the pump stops.
I was wondering if I needed a New Valve or would a new Actuator or even a new Drayton Synchronous Motor. Any help would do.
Many thanks
Madnurse3

After removing motor and testing switch the spring back was very strong, so will change the motor first, system only 5 years old

Sponsored Links
yep sounds like the synchron motor had seized a relatively easy repair and the synchron motors arent expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back