Radiator Recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to replace a couple of basic single radiators with double ones (Type 22) and wondered if anyone can recommend a good brand. The main options seem to be Kudos Premium or Stelrad Accord Compact. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it’s your own home, Stelrad; if its an investment or rental, maybe go for the cheapest like Flomasta from Screwfix.

Blup

I was going for stelrad designer radiators, but the price of them was mad.
Under someone's suggestion I went for NRG radiators.
A third of the price, same design and they work perfectly.
They get hot all over very quickly and when you turn the central heating off, they stay warm for a long time.
I'm happy with them and buying through Amazon I got them next day.
Only downside was that I had to flush them before fitting because I could hear metal dust moving in them.
And for the first few days I kept on cleaning the magna filter.
Don't know if it's the same for other radiators though.

Sponsored Links
I like Kartell K-rads. Good quality and very reasonably priced, with an excellent range of sizes

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll go for Stelrad and Screwfix appears to do the best prices although they have reduced their range a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back